Nebraska Wesleyan University (NWU) is seeking candidates for a seasonal, part-time position to work as the Head Men and Women’s Golf Coach. As the Head Coach, the incumbent will oversee all phases of administering the Men’s and Women’s Golf NCAA Division III program.
* Plan, organize and oversee recruiting efforts with prospective student-athletes: attend recruiting events, recruit evaluation, emails/mailings/phone calls, on campus visits. Review recruiting reports from Assistant Coaches and discuss with Admissions Office and Athletic Director.
* Hire and supervise assistant coaches and support staff.
* Coordinate with the strength and conditioning staff to develop appropriate athlete conditioning curriculum.
* Plan and lead daily practice sessions for student athletes while developing assistant coaches’ skills for assistance.
* Build and provide individualized development plans for student-athletes which foster growth athletically, academically, and socially.
* Oversee and schedule compliance meetings, ensure appropriate record keeping for recruiting and playing/practice seasons, and monitor eligibility of student-athletes in the program
* Other administrative reporting will include scheduling, expense reporting, and budget management, equipment inventory & request of necessary purchases.
* Oversee the coordination of summer camps and clinics, coordination of all fundraising activities and alumni outreach.
* Assist in the development and delivery of the NWU Baseball leadership values, and ensure that short and long term objectives are in line with program goals.
Qualifications * Bachelor's degree
* 2 - 4 years of related experience coaching Golf at the college level or serving as a golf teaching professional
* Demonstrate expertise in all aspects of coaching student-athletes and a commitment to the highest ideals of leadership, sportsmanship and academics
* Ability to coach and recruit highly skilled student-athletes
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills and success in working with a variety of persons that will build strong, long-term relationships with team members, students and stakeholders.
* Must be able to multitask and manage several projects that may be ongoing during the same time.
* Have exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills to produce complete and accurate work and manage production activities.
* Demonstrated critical thinking, time management, and ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
* Be able to work with minimum supervision and handle pressure situations.
* Be flexible, able to prioritize tasks and meet scheduled and unscheduled deadlines.
Commitment to Diversity Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
How to Apply To apply, please upload a letter of application addressing qualifications, resume, a diversity statement, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Nebraska Wesleyan University is an independent Methodist liberal arts university of approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students in Lincoln, Neb. The university’s steadfast commitment to putting learning into action through internships, study abroad, service learning and collaborative research has yielded tremendous outcomes for students and alumni.Founded in 1887, Nebraska Wesleyan has earned a national reputation for placing students in top graduate and professional school programs. And NWU is among the nation’s leaders in Fulbright scholars, Academic All-Americans and NCAA Postgraduate Scholarship winners.