Job Description Summary
The Porter cleans vacant units in preparation for marketing and occupancy and property common areas, office, and models units. The porter reports to Resident Manager and the Property Manager. They will work closely with the maintenance staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Cleans the property business office, restrooms, laundry rooms, model apartments and property common areas on a defined schedule
- Cleans vacant apartment units in preparation for showing and occupancy
- Responsible for the overall upkeep of the property landscape and the exterior image which includes cleaning of the driveways, parking lots, curbs, dumpster areas, exterior hallways, or any other public areas.
- Responsible for providing world class customer service by addressing the concerns and maintenance needs of our residents in a friendly and professional manner
- Reports any maintenance problems to the supervisor
- Assists with inventory control
- Performs job duties using safety guidelines and reports obstacles to be doing so
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of safe use of cleaning agents and equipment used to perform job duties
- Experience cleaning multifamily residential or commercial buildings preferred
- Able to follow directions and handle projects
- Able to complete tasks on time
- Able to follow all Cushman & Wakefield safety policies and procedures
- High School Diploma, GED, Trade, Technical, or Vocational school
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may need to travel from floor to floor, climb stairs, and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may also be regularly required to remain in a stationary position (sit or stand) for 85% of the time; regularly use hands to operate office machinery and regularly required to walk, talk, and hear. The employee must demonstrate the ability to exert up to 25 pounds occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds frequently, and/or up to 25 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Cushman & Wakefield also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health, vision, and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life, and disability insurance programs, and paid and unpaid time away from work. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, Cushman and Wakefield provide eligible employees with competitive pay, which may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, total hours worked, job type, business line, and applicability of collective bargaining agreements.The compensation that will be offered to the successful candidate will depend on factors such as whether the position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement, the geographic area in which the work will be performed, market pay rates in that area, and the candidate's experience and qualifications.The company will not pay less than minimum wage for this role.C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.