IMPORTANT: Load all documents in the My Experience area under Resume/CV. This may include your resume/C.V., cover letter, unofficial transcript, teaching philosophy, etc. Please wait for all documents to finish uploading before clicking Next.
If the process times out you will lose your progress, so please ensure you have all necessary documents available before starting.
The drop-down lists only display so many options: please type into a drop-down list to search for your option. For example: in Field of Study, you may need to enter your field name. If you have no field, type 'None.'
If you have previously applied, make sure your information is current as you can transfer it to another application.
Prior to submitting your application, verify all information for accuracy and ensure you have uploaded all appropriate documents. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit your application other than to change your contact information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of Human Resources via email at
Job Summary: The position's primary responsibility is ensuring that members and guests are provided with an enjoyable experience while visiting Furman University GC. Dependability, integrity, and the ability to provide friendly customer service to our Members and guests is a must.
1. Transfers the appropriate number of golf carts to the cart area as directed by pro shop staff.
2. Inspects cleanliness of golf carts, cleans and prepares carts for re-use.
3. Meets and greets all customers in a warm, friendly and professional manner in accordance with all policies and procedures.
4. Unloads golf bags from carts in unloading area and places them on carts.
5. Hooks up golf carts to battery chargers.
6. Secures golf cart shed, range ball machine, and pull-carts when required by following procedures for proper opening and closing of the cart shed and range operations.
7. Collects and maintains range balls for driving range (drive picker, picks up balls in the woods, cleans balls to maintain cleanliness and usability, and cleans range baskets).
8. Fills equipment with fuel.
9. Keeps golf course grounds in parking lot and around pro shop free of litter.
10. Empties trash around golf course grounds.
11. May assist in maintaining and cleaning pro shop (offices, restrooms, sales floor, kitchen) by vacuuming, mopping, dusting (some areas 18 feet high), washing windows, changing light bulbs (some areas 12 feet high).
12. Run campus errands.
13. Completes performance review process with supervisor to understand job performance expectations and how they fit into the department and university goals.
14. Follows safety procedures.
15. Performs various other duties as directed by the pro shop staff. The intent of this job classification description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions in this classification and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically present in this description.
Responsibility for Final Decisions:
Responsible for own work.
Authority to act is defined by a set number of alternatives which are defined by procedures or standard practices. Refers matters to supervisor when in doubt.
Reports To: General Manager.
Receives assignments with clearly defined procedures, standards and deadlines.
Work is reviewed for accuracy, adequacy and adherence to instructions.
Applicant must be 16 years of age and have a valid S.C. driver's license.
Six months or more experience in outside golf course service position.
Basic knowledge of golf course operations and safe use of golf carts transportation.
This position requires self-motivation and flexibility with work hours. The employee must be able to climb stairs, drive a tractor, lift 50 lbs. and withstand extremes in weather since most of the duties are outdoors.
Equipment/Chemicals Used: Clorox, floor cleaning products, tractor, hammer, screwdriver and driving a golf cart.
Physical Demands: Standing, walking, climbing, crawling and lifting.
Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open ended):
Furman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty and staff. The University aspires to create a community of people representing a multiplicity of identities including gender, race, religion, spiritual belief, sexual orientation, geographic origin, socioeconomic background, ideology, world view, and varied abilities. Domestic partners of employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Furman University is a selective private liberal arts and sciences college committed to helping students develop intellectually, personally, and interpersonally and providing the practical skills necessary to succeed in a rapidly-changing world. Furman professors are exceptional teacher-scholars who mentor undergraduate students within a campus community that values and encourages diverse ideas and perspectives.