Additional Salary Information: The stipend is $12,000 ($1,000 monthly) plus tuition waiver. Preferred start date is January of 2023. Candidates who are interested in the position, can apply by sending your cover letter, resume, portfolio (if applicable) and references to Joe Willman at JoeWillman@creighton.edu.
4 Year Degree
The Creighton University Athletic Department is now accepting applications for the position of a Broadcast & Creative Services Graduate Assistant within its Marketing Department. Creighton is located in Omaha, Nebraska and compete of NCAA Division I members of the BIG EAST Conference.
Responsible for production of video content and streaming for Creighton Athletics sports programs which are distributed through the Athletics website, regional television and the BIG EAST Digital Network. In addition, the position will conceptualize, script, shoot, edit and produce hype, feature and highlight videos of varying lengths to promote teams, student-athletes and events.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
• Runs the live production streaming for assigned sports. • Coordinates the production and archiving of video highlight packages, vignettes and other features as relevant for Creighton Athletics. • Complies with all applicable National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and BIG EAST Conference regulations in the performance of job duties. • Produce compelling creative content for social media, web and recruiting initiatives that is on brand and on message. • Assist with external events including staffing and operations.
This position is not intended for broadcasting announcers. This position reports directly to the Assistant Athletic Director of Broadcast Services and the Creative Services Director. In addition to regular home athletics events, the applicant will also be expected to maintain office hours and work a number of special events hosted by the department. Evening and weekend hours with some travel are expected with this position.
This role will have many responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Bachelor’s degree required with a major in broadcasting/creative services or related field
• Familiarity with video editing software (Adobe Creative Cloud) is required.
• Prior experience with live streaming athletic events and/or experience with broadcast
equipment (Ross Carbonite, Newtek 3Play) is strongly preferred.
• Admission to the School of Graduate Studies and a Master’s Program at Creighton University
• Maintenance of a 3.0 GPA in their selected area of graduate studies
Additionally, the candidate will must possess strong written and verbal communication skills,
have the ability to initiate and maintain personal relationships as well as maintain a positive,
Creighton University, located in Omaha, Neb., offers a top-ranked education in the Jesuit tradition for people who want to contribute something meaningful to the world. At Creighton, you are part of something big. Your skills and passions unite with thousands of faculty, staff and students inspired to change the world. Here, we offer meaningful work driven by a 475-year-old Jesuit tradition committed to social justice and serving others. Through this tradition, we push the boundaries on innovation. We pursue new knowledge for the betterment of society. We seek to improve our world through Catholic and Jesuit values. And it all starts with you.
Creighton University is an equal opportunity employer.