With 20 years of coaching expertise, Red Bulls Youth Programs are the largest provider of youth soccer training and coach education services throughout the NY/NJ-Metro Area. The number 1 professional coach education team in the NY/NJ-Metro area are here to make you a better coach.
About the New York Red Bulls
The New York Red Bulls are one of 27 teams in Major League Soccer (MLS). RBNY, one of the ten charter clubs of MLS, have competed in the league since its founding in 1996. The Red Bulls play home matches at Red Bull Arena (RBA) in Harrison, New Jersey. The three-time MLS Supporters' Shield Winners are owned by the Austrian beverage company Red Bull for which the team is named. The New York Red Bulls offer one of the nation's premier youth soccer development programs, from local soccer partnerships across New York and New Jersey to Regional Development Schools and the Red Bulls Academy teams.
Our Youth Programs
The Red Bulls Youth Program is a multi-layered system that provides professional support at all levels of the game. Each level of the player development pyramid has been structured to provide support to players, coaches and youth soccer organizations. Within the local community, programs are offered for players of all ages and abilities. For players with outstanding ability, there is an opportunity to progress to the academy level and to the Red Bulls First Team. The number 1 professional coach education team in the NY/NJ-Metro area is here to make you a better coach.
Purpose of this job
You will coach within our partner clubs in our community programs including recreation and travel programs. RDS coaching and pre-academy coaching may be available as well. Part-time positions are available in both NJ and NY including Westchester, NYC and Long Island. Coaches are eligible to receive out of state travel relocation expenses.
What you'll do
· Execute and reflect on coaching sessions for assigned clinics, camps and teams.
· Required to be available five (5) afternoons/evenings per week plus weekends (partial schedules also available).
· Required to be available Tuesday and Thursday mornings for staff training workshops.
· Work hours will be approximately 20 to 30 hours per week, over an eight to nine-month period. A full availability coach typically works 6-7 days per week from March – November. This includes coaching, administration tasks and educational workshop attendance.
· A coach's working week is comprised of on field coaching hours, administration tasks and attendance at mandatory staff training workshops in the spring and fall seasons. Both elements are paid at an hourly rate.
· Employment typically begins mid to late March and runs through to late November or August and runs through to late November. The exact start and end dates are based on the needs of each youth partner club.
· Required to attend a mandatory paid pre-season orientation event.
Your areas of expertise that matter most for this role
· Over the age of 18
· Minimum USSF 'D' or equivalent coaching license
· Bachelor's degree
· Coaching experience with youth players or previous playing experience
· Reliable form of transportation
As a part-time employee, you will not be eligible for Company-sponsored benefits or paid vacation.
Because of the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, you may be asked to work varying schedules to reflect our needs.
Red Bull New York is an equal opportunity employer and we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or any other classification protected by law.
The New York Red Bulls Youth Programs are the grassroots player development and training system for New York Red Bulls professional soccer team. Operating as RBNY Academy the player development structure is used to provide soccer training to young players in the local communities, support club development and to scout and develop talented youth players. The overall youth player development set up comprises a reserve team, academy teams, regional development schools, and grassroots youth training programs. The grassroots training programs are the foundation of our youth developmental pyramid and provide seasonal training programs and summer camps to over 40,000 players each year. Within our grassroots programs we employee over 100 coaches annually who work with players ages 5 to 16 years.