Classroom Assistants will support lead teachers and students’ on-campus and virtual learning experiences. Working with a classroom of up to 12 students, Classroom Assistants will work closely with the lead teacher to ensure a joyful and safe learning environment.
- Support classroom management
- Work with students individually, in small group and whole group when necessary
- Assist with lesson preparation by getting materials ready and setting up equipment
- Ensure the classroom environment is safe and clean
- Abide by school health and safety protocols (link to protocols doc) and support students in doing so
- Supervise students during non-classroom times including in-between classes, during lunch, carpool, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Patience when working with students of varying abilities and backgrounds
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively
- The ability to work flexibly under unpredictable conditions
In addition, the ideal candidate will also have:
- Knowledge and support of GDS mission and values
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:45 am to 1:00 pm.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and, list of three references using our online application system. To apply and to find out more about the school, candidates should visit our website at www.gds.org.