1)Provide financial and accounting support to the Pritzker Nanofabrication Facility.
2) Provide complete reporting and analysis for the Pritzker Nanofabrication Facility, including report generation, analysis, projections, and verification of accuracy of financial information.Â
3) Perform revenue cycle management: Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable to ensure timely and accurate payment of invoices and billing of users, both internal and external to the University.
4) Ensure accuracy and compliance of financial results by identifying and processing journal entries and payroll transfers, when necessary.
5) Monthly monitor the financial statements by reviewing reports and accounting records to determine if allocated funds have been spent as specified.
6) Managing and updating data for recharge calculations.
7) Managing and updating data for equipment depreciation.
8) Provide analytical support for routine budget projects and grant support.
9) May be involved in long-range financial planning.
10) Participation in the creation of the annual operating budget.Â
11) Ad hoc reporting and financial analysis as needed by PNF Faculty Director.
12) Ad hoc reporting and financial analysis as needed by PME Finance Team.
1) Ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, and tact.
2) Ability to independently complete projects on time and accurately with minimal supervision.
3) Ability to build and maintain relationships with individuals internally and externally.
4) Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
5) Ability to maintain confidentiality.
6) Ability to process a range of information and display said information in concise, easy to read reports.
7) Excellent oral and written communication skills.
8) Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
9) Strong time management skills, including ability to handle multiple, concurrent tasks.
10) Detailed oriented and recognize the need for accurate data.
11) Knowledge of research methods and funding sources.
12) Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a workload which balances long-range planning with unanticipated daily demands, budget management skills.
13) Demonstrated ability to create, maintain, and organize electronic files.
1)Â Bachelor's degree. 2)Â Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent
ExperienceÂ 1) A minimum of three years of accounting, finance, or equivalent experience.Â 2)Â Experience working in a University setting. 3) Grants and Contracts experience. 4) Budget development experience. 5) Financial modeling experience.
Technical/Knowledge/Skills 1)Â Â Advanced spreadsheet skills 2) Must be able to routinely generate financial reports from disparate data sources 3) Must be able to generate and utilize pivot tables 4) Must be able to generate budgets
5) Â Computer Skills
6) Must be able to adept at utilizing software to create and analyze various financial data.
1) Cover Letter
3) Reference Contact List (3)Â
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08567
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.