Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers has an employed opportunity for a part-time Board Certified Pathologist due to succession within our Pathology Department. Our Pathologists provide all pathology services for the Hospital, Ambulatory Surgery & 30 healthcare centers.
B/C in Anatomic & Clinical Pathology, Thin-Prep certified & experienced within their field. Blood banking experience is a plus, but not required.
Step into a collegial and career-building opportunity from day one that provides a broad practice, variety of cases and amicable work environment with two other B/C Pathologists who offer a wide-range of expertise.
Approximately 90% of the work focuses on grossing specimens to final diagnosis (microscopy & cytology), which is divided evenly between Pathologists.
1 day per week all Pathologists collaborate on Cases, Policies, Operations & Process Improvement initiatives
Daily review of frozen sections
Additional duties include giving evaluations during surgical procedures for Rad, Pulm, Gyne or other non-Gyne departments for adequacy, i.e. fine-needle aspirations.
Responsible to the Clinical Lab which includes the departments of chemistry, special chemistry, serology, immunology, histology, hematology, coagulation, transfusion medicine & a full microbiology department including susceptibility testing
Our Laboratory is accredited by the Accreditation Committee of the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and we operate as a Core Lab….of the nearly million tests reported only 7% are sent to Mayo Clinic, our reference lab. The remaining 93% are performed by 65, lab-based employees – most are master-level trained! Our pathology and laboratory staff serve our Level II Trauma Center, Ambulatory Surgery and have a strong referral base from 30 healthcare centers, plus local independent physician offices and long-term care facilities.
Work 24 hours per pay period as a 0.3FTE employee; extra hours paid when covering up to 40-hour work weeks (onsite) as need arises for the Pathology department, e.g. vacations. 1:3 Call Rotation.
Interested and qualified candidates, please contact:
Manager of Physician/APP Recruitment and Relations
Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers is committed to providing an excellent environment for physicians and advance practice professionals to practice medicine. As the only hospital in Grundy County, we serve patients from more than 20 communities that covers a population of 170,000 residents. We are a well-established, independent community hospital that's been dedicated to improving the health of area residents since 1906. Located just 55 miles southwest of Chicago, the steady increase in the number of admissions, births and emergency visits each year is an indication of the growth in the community. The Morris Hospital medical staff is made up of more than 200 physicians representing nearly 40 medical specialties. We are known for our compassionate and personalized approach to healthcare. Become part of a well-established group, giving you a balanced lifestyle and freedom to practice quality medicine!